Re: [Emacs-diffs] master d20acfe: Fix Gnus registry pruning and sorting,

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master d20acfe: Fix Gnus registry pruning and sorting, and rename file
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 06:19:43 -0500

On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 02:39:23 -0500 Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

GM> Also, as a general comment, Gnus changes almost never seem to get NEWS
GM> (or GNUS-NEWS) entries.

This one didn't seem to merit it, it was mostly internal (except for the
default gnus-registry filename). Eric, do you want to write something?

On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 20:18:40 +0800 Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:

EA> Thanks for these comments! To be honest, I don't really understand the
EA> relationship between the gnus repository on gnus.org, and the gnus
EA> codebase as it lives inside the emacs repo. I wrote those patches
EA> against the gnus repo, and at the time (this was a while ago) emacs 25
EA> wasn't out yet. Dunno how these things are meant to related.

The patch reviewer (me) should have adjusted those, so it was my fault.

EA> Other points well taken, and I can provide a further patch to fix them.

Please do and I'll apply it, thanks. If you could add the 25.1 version
fixes Glenn noted as well, it would be really helpful.

Ted