Re: Using stpcpy

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Using stpcpy
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 12:39:38 +0200

> Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 11:26:47 +0100
> From: Dani Moncayo <address@hidden>
> Cc: cg <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs development discussions <address@hidden>
>
> >  Can you try to find out why do you get this
> > error?  If nothing else helps, please look in a preprocessed version
> > of ntlib.c for any header files that "#define strcpy stpcpy" or some
> > such.
>
> I've generated the preprocessed version of ntlib.c with the same
> command run by 'make', but adding a "-E" switch as first argument to
> 'gcc':
>
>   $ gcc -E -std=gnu99  -mtune=pentium4 \
>   -I. \
>   -I../src -I../lib \
>   -I<srcdir>/lib-src \
>   -I<srcdir>/lib-src/../src \
>   -I<srcdir>/lib-src/../lib \
>   -mtune=pentium4  -DGLYPH_DEBUG=1 -DUSE_CRT_DLL=1 \
>   -I <srcdir>/nt/inc -g3 -O2 -gdwarf-2 \
>   -DEMACS_NAME="\"GNU Emacs\"" -DVERSION="\"25.0.50\"" \
>   -o etags.exe \
>   <srcdir>/lib-src/etags.c regex.o \
>   ../lib/libgnu.a  ntlib.o
>
> But I don't find anything like "#define strcpy stpcpy" in the
> preprocessed file, which I'm attaching to this message.

Thanks, but this is a wrong command, so it produced the preprocessed
source of etags.c, not of ntlib.c.

To get the latter, say "make -W ntlib.c ntlib.o" in the lib-src
directory, then use the command to compile ntlib.c into ntlib.o with
"-c" replaced by "-E" and "-o ntlib.o" replaced with "-o ntlib.ii".
Then send ntlib.ii you get.