Re: HTML-Info design

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 17:31:37 +0000

[…]

 > I don't agree that we could "just use eww" for an HTML-Info viewer
 > but shr is an obvious starting point.

        I tend to disagree.  SHR does the rendering and little else; on
        the contrary, EWW has provides for at least some navigation
        (including Info-style eww-up-url, eww-next-url, etc.)

        Having developed my own little code that uses Emacs
        HTML-rendering facilities, I’m pretty sure that EWW is the way
        to go.  Unless you need to render HTML in a “non-browsing”
        buffer, that is.

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A