Re: HTML-Info design

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 05:47:36 +0000

 >> my patch for #19462 may happen to be a nice starting point for
 >> experiments with EWW-Info support for proportional fonts.

 > Yes, that's a completely separate issue from the issue of handling
 > sentences in multi-column tables.

        Not quite.  Multi-column tables in SHR generally require line
        truncation, a priorly decided rendering width, and (as of the
        current shr.el implementation) a fixed-width font.

        On the contrary, using proportional fonts – at least the way I
        suggest it (that is: via the word-wrap and wrap-prefix
        facilities) – do not allow (assuming the current Emacs display
        implementation) for line truncation at the least.  (Yet it does
        allow for a dynamic window width, which I believe a nice feature
        to have anyway.)

        Naturally, it still should just work when all the tables fit the
        window.  (Though, of course, the tables still need a fixed-width
        font, while the rest of the SHR-rendered contents may use a
        proportional one.)

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A