Re: package.el dependencies

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: package.el dependencies
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 19:50:38 +0000

[…]

 > E. g. we should provide a command which makes sure that all packages
 > in packages-installed-directly are indeed installed.  So a user can
 > copy her init file to a new computer and then use this command to
 > auto-install all the packages she likes.

 > Of course, this also hints at the fact that the name is not right.
 > The name should be more along the lines of "user selected packages",
 > or something like that.

        How about the following?

(defcustom package-selected-packages nil
  "List of packages to keep installed.
Packages may also be installed or removed as part of dependency
resolution, or via `package-autoremove'.  Emacs will try to ensure that
the packages listed here, along with all their dependencies, are kept
installed."
  :group 'package
  :type '(repeat (choice symbol)))

--
FSF associate member #7257  np. The Call of Ktulu — Metallica  B6A0 230E 334A