RE: Single quotes in Info

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Single quotes in Info
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 09:05:38 -0800 (PST)

> > To me, each set of such associations constitutes an equivalence class,
> > but I don't care what nomenclature is used to describe it, as long
> > as it is clear.
>
> My point was that I don't think it would be wise to ask users to mess
> with Unicode tables to customize this.

I agree with that (without a lot of understanding of the implications).
Users should have a simple way to define such a class of equivalences
(choose your own term).  Something as simple as an alist, perhaps.

> We should instead provide a way to add simple data structures that
> add to the predefined equivalence calsses.

Not sure what you mean, but if you mean that users would only be able
to add their own associations (equivalences) to existing classes then
that is not what I would like to see as the only possibility.

I would like to see the ability for users to define classes, and to
"activate" (enable the use of; turn on) or "deactivate" (turn off) a
particular class of equivalences as a whole, including any of the
predefined classes.