Re: GNU Elpa Theme (ahungry-theme) - should I add code to auto load-them

From: Matthew Carter
Subject: Re: GNU Elpa Theme (ahungry-theme) - should I add code to auto load-theme it?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 12:44:39 -0500

Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> writes:

>>   1) Add itself to the user's custom-theme-load-path
>
> Yes. The code is a little tricky, so look into how other themes do it.
>
>>   2) Load itself via load-theme
>
> Absolutely not. Users should be able to have multiple themes installed
> without them all turning on simultaneously.
>
> I do agree with need a more intuitive theming experience for new users, but
> that's a whole other topic.

When investigating further (and testing with a fresh emacs install) I
have found that the theme loads without requiring any calls to
load-theme or modifying the theme load path when installed via ELPA by
including a simple:

(require 'ahungry-theme)

In the init file, so upon reconsideration I'll probably avoid adding any
further autoload functionality in the theme code.

The fact that the theme becomes active upon a require isn't unintended
functionality is it?

Maybe I'll just update the meta description shown on list-packages from:

"Ahungry color theme for Emacs."

"Ahungry color theme for Emacs - just (require 'ahungry-theme) to load."

--
Matthew Carter (address@hidden)
http://ahungry.com