Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 22:58:49 -0800

Aurélien Aptel wrote:
Since it's hard to keep up with what core defines, adding a prefix
prevents the clash.

Ah, OK, that explains things.

Though this raises a related issue: as I understand it currently modules must never refer to any Qxxx symbols (other than Qnil), since these symbols may have different values in different Emacs implementations. And this includes any macros or inline functions the modules may invoke. For example, a module must never call 'functionp', since 'functionp' is an inline function that refers to Qt.

This is something that needs to be fixed, surely. And once we have a fix for it, perhaps the fix will mean that we don't need that "M" prefix.