Re: Is it possible for a 14 year old in the UK to be able to contribute

From: Sean Allred
Subject: Re: Is it possible for a 14 year old in the UK to be able to contribute to Emacs?
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 15:56:51 -0500

On Mar 12, 2015, at 3:50 PM, Zack Piper <address@hidden> wrote:
>> No, but I think we will need your parent's signature on the
>> copyright papers.
>
> I see. I'll try and convince them. Thanks!

It’ll be important to your parents that they understand what’s going on (and
what isn’t going on) when you contribute code to FSF projects (e.g. Emacs). Try
to anticipate the questions they’ll ask:

- who owns your work, what obligations you have (or don’t have) after
contributing
- how you may (or may not) be held liable for what you write
- etc.

They’re important questions any concerned and attentive parent would ask.

Best of luck,
-Sean