Re: git is screwed

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: git is screwed
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 00:23:01 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I use magit (not (yet) on GNU Elpa,
>
> BTW, it would be great to have Magit in GNU ELPA.  I can't remember the
> outcome last time I contacted people about it, but if someone wants to
> give it another try, that'd be great.
>

>         Stefan

The outcome was that I said that I would first have to make a release.

And that I was not interested in being told that this is a misconception
of mine.  I understand that a package does not have to be "finished"
before being added to GNU Elpa, but ~4200 unreleased commits is kind of
a big deal.  99% of Magit's users are currently using a version which as
far as I am concerned has been obsolete for a year now (my mistake).

Fixing that is the primary, if not only, priority right now.  I going
to release 2.1.0 once the documentation is ready and that's still quite
a bit of work.  I don't have the time to discuss the possible inclusion
into GNU Elpa until the release has happened.  (And several people here
implying that those of us who have embraced the staging area suffer from
Stockholm syndrome certainly doesn't motivate me to rethink this decision).

  Jonas