Re: VC mode and git

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 12:52:20 +0100

>   > The notion of "commit" from RCS/CVS/SVN
>
> Also Bzr.  When I was editing Emacs sources using Bzr, C-x v v
> sent all my changes to the repository on Savannah.
>
> Perhaps this is because I made a "bound branch".  I used Bzr that way
> because I wanted the same simple behavior that I had had with CVS.
> With Bzr, that was possible.  Why shouldn't it be possible with Git?

It is possible with Git. For Tramp, I'm in the same situation like you:
it is hosted in a Git repository on savannah, and I want my local
commits performed by C-x v v being pushed immediately.

The trick is to tell Git that. I have added locally a small script
.../tramp/.git/hooks/post-commit

#!/bin/sh
git push origin master

... and now I am happy.