electric-pair-mode as a minor mode?

From: Yuri D'Elia
Subject: electric-pair-mode as a minor mode?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 20:51:47 +0100

I'd like to disable electric-pair-mode in certain buffers.
Probably the most important example is the minibuffer.

Incremental searching with eletric-pairing is frustrating as opposed to
being helpful as the search is "temporarily broken" as soon as the pair
is inserted.

I made eletric-pair-mode nil/buffer-local in the hooks that I need,
but somehow I feel electric-pair-mode should be a regular minor mode.

When editing regular text, as opposed to code, I also occasionally
switch it off because I find it distracting.

Opinions?