Re: VC mode and git

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 22:38:28 +0300

> From: "Allen S. Rout" <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 15:19:53 -0400
>
> On 03/27/2015 03:03 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > I posted earlier 2 workflows I routinely use that are clear candidates
> > for "C-x v v".
> >

> It might be most useful, and generate the least additional heat, to just
> let people who want to use Git as Git be happy in magit-land.   It's
> clearly superior to vc.el in a long list of ways.

No one said that magit users should switch to vc.el, and no one
suggested to make any changes whatsoever to magit.  This discussion is
only about vc.el and its vc-next-action feature.  People who are not
interested in that feature and don't use it, or don't use vc.el at
all, should not fear any changes that will affect them.