Re: VC mode and git

From: Barry Warsaw
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 16:29:03 -0400

On Mar 28, 2015, at 03:35 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>Hardly.  Use of bound branches has always been a minority taste.

I'm fairly certain bound branches sprang from a desire to make it easier for
users coming from centralized vcses (most specifically, svn) to switch to a
dvcs without having to change their basic workflow.  That bound branches are
even possible is due to architectural choices in bzr.

Having said that, I never used 'em myself.

Cheers,
-Barry