Re: VC mode and git

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 10:06:33 -0400

  >   For example, I have no
  > fscking idea how Richard put his workspace into a state where git
  > thinks a zillion source files are modified.  The burden of resolving
  > that should not be placed on git or on the Emacs workflow.

You are arguing from your own ignorance.  Because _you don't know_
what commands did this, you don't _know_ it wasn't my fault, so you
presume it was.

I now offer you a chance to reduce your ignorance.  The only commands
I used, after setting up my local copy, were git pull, C-x v v to
commit, C-x v = and C-x v l.

I don't know any other git commands, aside from clone and checkout.
And now stash, but I didn't use stash until after the problem.

Unless you refuse to read this, your argument from ignorance
is now gone.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation