Re: xref-find-matches and stuff

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: xref-find-matches and stuff
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 20:34:07 +0200

On Wed, May 06 2015, Dmitry Gutov wrote:

> On 05/06/2015 08:45 PM, Helmut Eller wrote:
>
>> It's less slow now but still noticeably slower as when
>> xref-pulse-on-jump is nil.
>
> You might want to look into that; I don't notice any particular
> slowness. Redrawing an overlay should be a fast enough operation, but
> you could tweak the related variables.

My guess is that set-face-background which is called by pulse-reset-face
communicates with the X server and that it's causing the slow down and
the flickering.

BTW, I see things like

  Error in pre-command-hook (pulse-momentary-unhighlight):
   (wrong-type-argument timerp nil)  [6 times]

when trying it with emacs -Q -nw.

Helmut