Re: What would an "An Official" GNU Emacs Book look like?

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Re: What would an "An Official" GNU Emacs Book look like?
Date: Sat, 09 May 2015 14:59:04 +0530

On Saturday 09 May 2015 03:46 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>>> It would be distributed under the GFDL, like all the other official

>> > 1. Should contributors to this Book do a copyright assignment?
> If you want it to be "official" (e.g. you can buy a paper copy from
> fsf.org), then probably, yes.

By "Official", I meant a book that is maintained and published by FSF
itself.

I "hope" to kickstart "The Emacs Book" initiative. If there are
developers who would like to share their notes with me to "seed" some
chapters, I would be happy to receive the draft notes, systematize it
and improve upon it.

I have never read a Emacs Book myself (and I have no idea how they are
typically structured).  I learnt Emacs using the tutorial.  These days
Info is my friend.