Re: What would an "An Official" GNU Emacs Book look like?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: What would an "An Official" GNU Emacs Book look like?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 12:23:07 -0400

> I am trying to get senior Emacs developers involved (early in the
> cycle) to ensure that the Emacs Primer I am proposing is of comparable
> quality to Emacs Manual.

I suggest you don't worry about that too much: "senior developers" are
likely already busy enough with Emacs stuff not to want to devote yet
more time to it in some other form.

Furthermore, senor Emacs developers might be rather disconnected from
the target audience of the book, so they might not give you the
best advice.

As I said already I do think there's room for another Emacs book, and it
would be great for it to be GFDL'd so we can recommend it and the FSF
could maybe even sell it.  So I'm all for it, but in terms of concrete
help, I probably can't do much (at least for now: I might give you
useful feedback once a draft is available).

        Stefan