Re: Default mouse wheel scrolling is jumpy

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Default mouse wheel scrolling is jumpy
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 04:28:16 +0300

On 05/19/2015 04:16 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

I see Firefox uses more like a setting of 2 rather than 5 nowadays, so
maybe we should revisit those defaults indeed.  Part of the reason is
that devices have changed.

IME, Firefox scrolls by 3 lines rather than 2.

With the (old) wheel-mouse I'm using
a setting of 5 works rather well, but the rare few times I've used
a touchpad with a scroll area, I've indeed found the behavior to be
difficult to use.

Touchpads are tricky to get right, and the scroll amount (that the user expects) also differs by the OS.

Maybe we should have a different setting for them, if distinguishing is possible.