Re: xref-find-matches and stuff

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: xref-find-matches and stuff
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 21:00:21 +0300

On 07/16/2015 09:59 PM, Andreas Politz wrote:

It seems to me that having a hook run after jumping somewhere is
pretty standard behaviour, e.g. occur-mode-find-occurrence-hook,
find-tag-hook, next-error-hook, imenu-after-jump-hook.

Added, two of them. Hopefully, we'll be able to consolidate all of those into just a couple of hooks, sometime.

It also seems to me that not all people are going to like the pulse
highlighting and maybe want something different, e.g. recenter the
window. Thus turning this pulsing into a custom :options value for the
to be created hook would solve this problem as well.

Feel free to add :options. I'm not sure it's particularly beneficial, considering the user can see the default value (which includes them) anyway.

[...] But even now, you can just advise one of the two relevant
functions (xref-push-marker-stack or xref-pop-marker-stack).

That's always true.

Partially true. Before, there was no counterpart to xref-pop-marker-stack, just a variable holding the stack.