Re: port x-symbol to GNU emacs 24.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: port x-symbol to GNU emacs 24.
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:30:09 +0200

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

>    > What features are those you don't see elsewhere in Emacs?  (I'm
>    > specifically asking about GNU Emacs, not XEmacs.)
>
> I think a picture says more than 1000 words, here is a screenshot. (I
> hope it will not be blocked).

Actually, it doesn't.  This screenshot is not dissimilar what you'll get
from using AUCTeX, preview-latex and TeX-fold-mode.

The main "not elsewhere" category I see are XEmacs' extensive input
modes (grid which is sort of a buffer-based menu, keyboard input methods
quite better sorted and convenient than what Quail offers and with
better feedback).  Its buffer reencoding is a rather mixed blessing, but
it works with more than just TeX modes.

--
David Kastrup