Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagno

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagnostics
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 12:08:55 +0300

> From: Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:47:39 +0200
>
> OTOH, one might assume that [languages] are properly marked up,
> e.g. in LaTeX.

They aren't, not in Emacs, at least not in the basic Text mode.

If we want them marked with some property, we need to introduce such a
property and then add some code to do that automatically.  That code
is AFAICT not trivial at all, except in simple cases where the script
of the character unambiguously identifies the language (possible only
with scripts that support a single language).