RE: yes-or-no-p prompt conditionally broken in master?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: yes-or-no-p prompt conditionally broken in master?
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 11:23:17 -0700 (PDT)

> >> It's been working fine for years.
> >
> > Sheer luck.
>
> Regardless of how lucky it was, it is extremely useful. I've used it
> for years too, and will be sad if it stops working completely.

FWIW, I agree with both Eli and those who want the regression fixed.

1. Each place such a prompting function is used, we should pick
the right function.  If `yes-or-no-p' is not right for a given
occurrence, and `y-or-n-p' is right, then let's fix that.

2. User preferences vary.  Some users never want to respond to
a `yes-or-no-p' prompt.  That's their choice.  It should be easy
for them to express their choice and have Emacs respect it.

(I do not recommend that a user replace all `yes-or-no-p' behavior
by `y-or-n-p' behavior.  But that's up to the user.)