Re: yes-or-no-p prompt conditionally broken in master?

From: Chad Brown
Subject: Re: yes-or-no-p prompt conditionally broken in master?
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 10:31:20 -0700

> On 04 Sep 2015, at 05:58, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing: the signature of
> both functions and the return value are the same.  What I propose is
> to change the body so that it could act like one or the other,
> depending on the value of some defcustom.
>
> If you still think this is wrong, please elaborate.

What I would like is for it to continue to be possible to use the
functionality of both yes-or-no-p and y-or-n-p in the same emacs,
with different code making different choices. I believe that others
are also asking for this functionality. In my specific case, I
usually use y-or-n-p in my own code, but confirm-kill-emacs is set
to yes-or-no-p, as are a few other hard-to-reverse confirmations.
Your message initially made me think you were suggesting a global
defcustom for switching all uses of a unified function within an
emacs; I don’t want that. I don’t care (and doubt others do) if either
or both are implemented in C or in elisp, that they are implemented
differently, etc.

Thanks!
~Chad