Re: seq-some-p and nil

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: seq-some-p and nil
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 08:36:22 -0400

> Can you elaborate on why you think it's not worth it?

> IMO, finding an element in a sequence is a very common operation,

Conceptually, yes, but if you take into account the details of how you
specify which element you want, as well as what you want to do with it,
then in most cases, I think the code ends up just as simple with
seq-some as with seq-find.

And using seq-some doesn't have the weird nil corner case.
And defining seq-find as I did means it's always less efficient.
And defining seq-find more efficiently means code duplication.

        Stefan