Re: Please stop putting curly quotes into doc strings!

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Please stop putting curly quotes into doc strings!
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 16:00:23 +0300

Hi Paul,

On 09/08/2015 02:17 AM, Paul Eggert wrote:

The curved quotes eased Emacs maintainence for me, but judging from
recent remarks on the mailing list I'm in the minority in preferring
that style so I just now undid almost all that change in the master
branch.

Thank you very much.

I kept a few curved quotes, e.g., in “Bahá’í”, which I hope do
not ruffle too many feathers.

It's entirely correct, as far as I'm concerned. When used as plain text, not markup.

You still kept translations from curly quotes in substitute-command-keys and format-message. Is that on purpose?