Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 16:42:23 -0400

> I only have the error handling left to implement from the API. I'm not
> sure on how to catch error/signal and return to the module code.

Can you give us more details about you mean by the above.
Are you talking about how to handle things like calls to Fsignal, or to
Fthrow, or how to provide access to unwind-protect and condition-case in
to the module's?

> The problem with finalizer is they can't be used as destructors since
> the GC is not guaranteed to be called at the end of every
> dynamic/lexical scope (or is it?).

Indeed it's not guaranteed at all.  It's not even guaranteed that when you
call the GC, all dead objects will be collected.

        Stefan