RCS, again: another removed functionality: undo last-checkin

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: RCS, again: another removed functionality: undo last-checkin
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 16:33:04 +0200

Hello

I did not want to bring up this subject yesterday when the discussion
about vc-checkin/vc-rcs-checkin allowing an additional optional
argument, was still going on.

But as I learned from David and Eli that ESR, removed another feature, namely
undo-last-checkin AKA rollback.

I confess I have no idea how this concept makes sense in git and
friends but I know that it makes a lot of sense in RCS.

Here is a scenario:

I collaborate with somebody, by email,  about say an
article. The collaborator does not use any VC at al.

It happened more than once that I obtained some version from him, checked
it in and then heard «sorry this was the wrong version here comes the
right one».

Now if I have undo-last-checkin function no problem, but if I don't
have, then the situation is a bit uncomfortable: I can checkin the new
one, but if I want to use vc-annotate, which I do often, then there is
one version which disturbs the workflow and I don't know how to get rid
of it.

So if it is not too much work could this functionally, for RCS, please
be restored?

Thank you

Uwe Brauer