Re: RCS, again: another removed functionality: undo last-checkin

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: RCS, again: another removed functionality: undo last-checkin
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 11:02:44 -0400

>> If you feel it's really important that user be able to delete a revision
>> from within Emacs, why not provide a vc-rcs-delete-commits command in
>> vc-rcs.el?
> Because it's also supported by CVS?

So what.  I guess it's also supported by git's rebase (IIUC they call it
"squash") and for all I know bzr-rewrite might also support it.

Of course "it" might not mean quite the same thing in those different
situations, so coming up with a generic command which can make sense for
most backends might not be as simple as it seems.

And that for something that is used extremely rarely.

        Stefan