Locations of Tests

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Locations of Tests
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 17:36:11 +0000

I was thinking that a "jump to tests" feature would be nice for
emacs-lisp mode the other day. While I had a quick thing about how to
implement this, I looked at the emacs source, and noticed that the
location of automated tests is a little erratic.

So, we have thingatpt.el (as a test), file-notify-tests.el (for
filenotify). There is also no reflection of the organisation of the lisp
in the tests. So, elisp-mode-tests.el at top level, while elisp-mode.el
is in lisp/progmodes. Similar issue with gnus-test.el and pcase.el.

Is there an organisation for tests that I am unaware off? Would there be
interest in a policy based on file name?

Phil