Re: "concurrency" branch updated

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: "concurrency" branch updated
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 17:46:29 -0500

    > Any large computational task needs to be written to surrender control now
and then, if it might be used in an Emacs session that also talks to network
servers that may time out and close connections if Emacs ignores them for too
long.

It is easy to make a function that offers to switch threads.

    > Long delays waiting on a file system read operation (from NFS
    > server or network hiccups) can have a similar effect, though we
    > can probably arrange for some file operations to permit
    > switching even if they’re normally quite fast.

We might want those to be treated as waiting -- for instance, to handle
them through something more like tramp.

--
Dr Richard Stallman