Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 2b316c0: ; * CONTRIBUTE: Add section about the

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 2b316c0: ; * CONTRIBUTE: Add section about the bug tracker
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 10:56:32 +0100

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Clean up is welcome.

Yes to cleanup, but as for the merge section, I'm not yet so comfortable with git to be offering advice to others...

> The convention was to use scratch/ for experimental branches and fix/
> for public feature branches that fix some issue.  Suggestions to
> codify this are welcome.

Was this convention discussed on emacs-devel? I tried to search, but got so many hits related to git that it was a bit hopeless.

> No idea, but I think this was already examined at some point, and what
> you see is the result.

OK, but pending never got much use and has not had a commit for three years and half.

Thanks,