Re: Fixing compilation and byte-compilation warnings before 25.1

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Fixing compilation and byte-compilation warnings before 25.1
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 11:58:51 +0100

daniel sutton <address@hidden> writes:

> Can someone help me understand why we are getting a compiler warning
> about seemingly valid usage of optional arguments?

The cause is the defined `advertised-calling-convention' for
`display-completion-list'.  Declaring an `advertised-calling-convention'
is the standard way to tell people that the signature of a function will
be changed in the future.  It has been discussed some while ago whether
this way to provide this kind of information is appropriate.

Anyway, as long as the old signature is supported, the recursive call
will probably have to break the new calling convention.

Michael.