Re: First draft of the Emacs website

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: First draft of the Emacs website
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 18:26:16 -0500

Drew,

You and I are old "grey beards".  My point was that mentioning things that we - as seasoned users of Emacs - like is quite a bit different from imagining the website as a sales pitch to someone who has not used Emacs but _might_ - given an appropriate message - be coaxed into trying it.  If you accept such messaging as the site's first goal then you have to try to put yourself in the mindset of such a viewer.

Your comments suggest that perhaps you do not buy into that being the first goal.

/john