Re: [ELPA] New package: package-fixes

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: package-fixes
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 10:18:58 +0000

> Did you consider making package.el itself a :core package of GNU ELPA,
> and releasing a fixed package-1.0.2 there?

I did. Sadly, the current package.el is coupled to some built-in
machinery that wasn't available in 24.1.
And then there's the question of what will happen if package.el
upgrades itself in the middle of a transaction (probably nothing
good). We could make it wait until the end of the transaction to
upgrade itself, but then it wouldn't prevent the bug in question for
the package that depended on the newer (package "1.1.0").