Should we have a commit size guideline? (was: builds are getting slower?

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Should we have a commit size guideline? (was: builds are getting slower?)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 13:48:28 +0000

> [Regarding commit 2e84888]
>
> This is a very, very large commit.  It should have been split into
> multiple commits addressing separate issues.

When commiting changes, I usually group them into the smallest
possible commits while still leaving everything in a consistent state
(i.e., not defining a function that's only used in later commits, not
changing a function without making the necessary changes in other
places that call this function). I find that this helps with both
git-bisect and git-revert.

If we have a different policy (maybe we should) I'm happy to adhere.

Cheers,
Artur