Re: Emacs master, w32/w64

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs master, w32/w64
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 05:32:53 +0200

> From: Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 22:22:22 +0100
>
> At the moment, when I ran tests on emacs master build with msys2 on w64,
> filenotify-tests take forever long : 15mn on a core i7. I have the feeling
> something is wrong with read_event / timeouts. I don't remember something like
> this was happening before.

I see no such issue on the emacs-25 branch.  The master branch gets
much less attention these days, and also has a few bugs corrected on
the emacs-25 branch that wasn't yet merged to master.  I suggest that
you switch to tracking emacs-25 for a while, which will also help us
stabilize it faster.

If you see the problem on the emacs-25 branch, please report the
details, and we will investigate with much higher urgency.

Thanks.