Is there any particular reason `scroll-other-window' is written in C and

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Is there any particular reason `scroll-other-window' is written in C and not in ELisp?
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 10:32:00 +0100

The reason I'm asking is that C-M-v (and C-M-S-v, for that matter) do
the wrong thing if the other window shows a pdf file using pdf-tools.
If those commands were written in Elisp, I could not only advise them
(which I can, and probably will), but also propose a patch or
something.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski