Re: Please post older versions of GNU Emacs manuals on the web

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Please post older versions of GNU Emacs manuals on the web
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2016 09:11:40 -0800

> If you have a version of GNU Emacs older than 24.4 then you are lucky to
> still have `defadvice' documented in the Elisp manual.

Maybe we should have a "deprecated features" manual, where text gets moved
after it is removed from the Elisp manual? Even though 25.1 may not use
defadvice, it still allows such code to be written, which means you'll
probably run across such code in the future and would like to read
documentation on how it works.

I can understand taking it out of the manual, but it would be nice to have
another manual for "features you may well run into in the wild, though you
shouldn't write new code this way". I'm not proposing maintaining such a
manual actively, but just copying deprecated sections like the "defadvice"
content directly into it instead of deletion.