How to turn on i-search with character folding

From: Ivan Kanis
Subject: How to turn on i-search with character folding
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 20:06:39 +0100

Hi,

The development version had character folding for i-search. As I
searched from time to time french text I thought the feature was handy.

Now it's turned off.

It is not mentioned in the emacs info on the i-search section.

Looking at the code I have to type M-s ' to turn it on which is a bit
awkward. Did we run out of one key shortcuts?

More importantly, is there a setting to turn it on by default?

Ivan

--
Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it.
    -- Mark Twain