Re: [ELPA] tramp-theme.el

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [ELPA] tramp-theme.el
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 09:53:49 +0100

On Tue, Feb 16 2016, Stefan Reichör <address@hidden> wrote:
> Joost Kremers <address@hidden> writes:
>> Check out use-package:
>>
>> https://github.com/jwiegley/use-package
>>
>> Next time, that's the only package you'll need to install manually.
>
> Wow - this package looks useful :-)

Yes. I recently started using it and I think it's great. I especially
like the fact that by default use-package will simply ignore packages
that it cannot find. That makes it possible to have different Emacs
configs on different machines while still being able to sync your init
file between them. Some of the packages I use are fairly
resource-intensive, which is fine on my main machine but would make
Emacs unusable on my lower-spec'ed netbook. With use-package, I can
simply forego installing them on the netbook and all is well.

Of course, that requires that the relevant packages are *not* part of
Emacs core, so I tend to see ELPA as being a good thing.

> Please include it in emacs! ;-)

*hear hear*

--
Joost Kremers