Help understanding where report-emacs-bug-send-hook is run..

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Help understanding where report-emacs-bug-send-hook is run..
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 09:42:44 -0500

Hi,

I was trying to fix this bug ( http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.bugs/113158 )

and while going through the emacsbug.el code, I saw that the report-emacs-bug-send-hook is defined but it is not run any where.

My understanding is that you always need a run-hooks form to execute functions in a hook.
I grepped the source, but couldn't find any instance where report-emacs-bug-send-hook is run.

btw my proposed fix for this bug is to save and restore the windows configuration before and after sending/canceling a report.

And bind the cancel action (kill buffers, restore windows config) to a generic binding like "C-c C-k". The currently suggested "C-x k RET" binding will of course continue the current behavior (of closing just the message buffer and not the Bug Help buffer).

--
Kaushal Modi