Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 21:05:52 +1100

Elias Mårtenson <address@hidden> writes:

> On a related note, I would expect a search for ö to match ø. As would you, I
> guess?

No, I wouldn't.  :-)  Actually, I wouldn't expect anything other than
the 26 first letters of the alphabet to match variants.

It's like it's fine if you're typing in lower case characters for them
to match upper case, too, but if you've bothered to type an upper case
character, then you probably don't want lower case characters to match.