Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 20:31:23 +0000 (UTC)

Richard Stallman <rms <at> gnu.org> writes:

>   > Another important reason is that Org is kind of "the Emacs of Emacs".
>   > Meaning a big homogenized, generalized environment, where you can put
>   > "all your stuff",
>
> The problem is that this walls off sub-Org facilities from the rest of
> Emacs.  They depend on org and are not usable on their own.

Org mode is built around '.org' files (and a 'philosophy').
Albeit they are text files, they have some syntax and semantics
provided by the associated mode. Not everyone will adhere to that.

Somehow, you could say the same from the VI emulation modes under Emacs.
There is a whole universe around Evil under Emacs : 52 packages on MELPA.

This is the problem with a programmable editor:
people start to program it and they use it
because they can program it :-)

Regards,

Fabrice