Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 21:11:54 +0000 (UTC)

Eli Zaretskii <eliz <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Besides, I think the fact that Richard was turned off by Org so early
> in his attempts to learn it should tell us something important.
> Richard cannot be accused of being an Emacs outsider, or of not being
> capable of learning complex Emacs stuff.

No one doubts his ability to learn complex stuff, but Richard
often says he doesn't have time and I don't know how much time
he spent on it, but Org is a complex package which cannot be appreciated
by just giving it a quick glance.

It's very much like Emacs which if a new a user gives it a quick try
he will say it's strange looking editor with arcane keybindings and
that's it. We know Emacs is much more than that, but in order to get
a sense of that one has to spend some time with it, immersed in
the environment.