Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 17:49:39 +0200

On 2016-07-02, at 10:18, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> From: Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2016 09:18:21 +0200
>> Cc: address@hidden, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden>
>>
>> By typing a letter or other "normal ASCII character", you insert it.
>> You move point with arrow keys of C-b/C-f/C-n/C-p.
>> By pressing C-a and C-e, you get to the beginning/end of line.
>> By pressing DEL, you delete a character before point.
>> By pressing C-d, you delete a character after point.
>> By typing one or more asterisks followed by space at the beginning of
>> a line, you start a heading (like in vanilla Emacs' Outline mode).
>> By pressing TAB when point is on a headline, you cycle through various
>> possible visibility states.
>>
>> Bam!  Now you know basic Org-mode.
>
> Forgive me, but the above doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of
> Org.  And you certainly know that.

Of course it doesn't.  But this is what somebody might call "Basic
Org-mode".  My point was that you do not really need to "learn" basic
Org-mode too much.

> Mocking your opponents is not an efficient method of convincing them.

I'm not sure "mocking" is the right word here; if this looked so,
sorry.  I just could not resist the joke.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University