Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 22:30:32 +0200

>   >   Adding "TODO" to a
>   > headline automatically gives you task management.
>
> The usual Emacs way of selecting a command set for a specific job is
> to specify a major mode.  Using a line that says "TODO" as to select a
> command set seems inconsistent.  Why not make this a major mode?
>
> Emacs already has a To-do mode, but if this one is better, it could
> replace the old one.

One way of viewing org, is that it is a document preparation system like
Latex. Or, a programming language. Or, a wiki like system.

The document preparation system org happens to have keywords like TODO
and so on.

Users of org, such as me, like to have all the features of the org
language available to us while we work on org files.

This does not contradict the opinion that the org language could in
someway be partitioned such that parts of it could be reused in other
contexts. Indeed, this is already the case for some of orgs features.
It might go some way to explain why there is no particular momentum to
implement such a language partitioning though.

--
Joakim Verona