Re: sort-lines including non ASCII

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: sort-lines including non ASCII
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 18:17:47 +0300

> From: Uwe Brauer <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 07:34:00 +0000
>
>    > Should we make `sort-lines' accept a predicate argument passed to
>    > `sort-subr'?  AFAIU one currently has to hack source code to get what
>    > the OP wants.
>
> I think that would be nice.

How do you solve the problem of different argument lists in different
predicates?  And how do we allow to specify such an alternative
comparison in interactive usage?

Also, if string-collate-lessp is the only additional possibility we
can think of, why not change sort-subr to use it "when it's TRT", as
we do currently when sort-subr's PREDICATE argument is nil?  Making
sort-lines entirely open-ended like the suggestion says might be too
much.