Re: Use cases for post-redisplay hooks

From: Clément Pit--Claudel
Subject: Re: Use cases for post-redisplay hooks
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 00:17:11 +0200

On 2016-07-04 12:39, Clément Pit--Claudel wrote:
> Hi emacs-devel,
>
> As a prelude to implementing the actual functionality, I'd like to get a
> clearer picture of what use cases exist for post-redisplay hooks.

Summarizing the current discussion:

(1) Is still valid, though Richard did suggest that we could have Emacs take
the screenshots itself. It would indeed be a useful feature to have, though it
is partly orthogonal, and seems non-trivial to implement. Richard also
suggested special casing this feature and implementing only that instead of a
post-display-hook.

(2) Does not sound like it would benefit significantly from such a hook (but I
may have missed something).

(3) Does not resolve to something concrete.

Clément.