Re: EWW/SHR Feature Request

From: raman
Subject: Re: EWW/SHR Feature Request
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 19:44:29 -0700

Following up to myself:

For now I solved my use-case by advising
eww-browse-with-external-browser -- that function is presently called by
EWW for content-types matching
eww-use-external-browser-for-content-type
the default value of that var is
"\\`\\(video/\\|audio/\\|application/ogg\\)"
i.e. video/audio types, and those were the types  I wanted to handle
 within Emacs.

Longer term, there are two ways we could go:

1. EWW already has functions for handling PDF, img types etc. -- we
could set EWW up to handle  audio/video via a user configurable
function, with the default handing off  to  a full-blown browser as now.

2. The other alternative would be to process the user's mailcap file,
but that might not be ideal because in general  most users will want the
.mailcap file to govern their primary browser's behavior.